Re: interested in (co-)maintaining midori

On Sun, 13 Sep 2015 20:33:52 -0400
Sergio Durigan Junior <sergiodj@sergiodj.net> wrote:

> On Wednesday, September 09 2015, I wrote:

> >> OK, I've done it:
> >>
> >>   <http://git.sergiodj.net/?p=debian/midori.git;a=summary>
> >>
> >> It's the same link, but the repository is a new one, based on the
> >> official repository.
> >
> > Just another update.
> >
> > I've re-created the repository above (the previous version contained
> > some mistakes, and I thought it made sense to restart from scratch).
> > Now, you can find the latest version of Midori (0.5.11, released a
> > few days ago) along with all the other changes that I had already
> > made.
> >
> > Still builds successfully, and I'm using this latest version without
> > problems.  IOW, everything is ready to be used in Debian, and I'm
> > pretty happy with the current state of the repository.
>
> One (last?) update.
>
> I have upgrade/recreated the repository one more time now.  Thadeu
> Cascardo pointed me to two lintian warnings that I had not seen before
> (they're fixed now), and I've cherry-picked Andreas's commits (those
> that import the NMU-0.2 and merge it to master), so now I think
> everything is *really* covered.  Oh, and I've searched the BTS and
> found two bugs that requested a new version to be packaged, so I'm
> closing them in the changelog.  I intend to do a full bug triage once
> the package is back to life.
>
> Just for the record, I've kept *all* history from the previous git
> branches, so absolutely nothing is deleted nor lost.
>
> In other words, the package is ready to be re-uploaded.
>
> Thanks,

Fantastic, thank you!  I'd say go ahead and upload it.  I won't have
time to review it; school teachers here are on strike combined w/
work deadlines mean I lack any free time right now.  I'll check out
your work once my kid's back in school again.

I look forward to grabbing the latest midori from sid.