Improving your archive and package system for small package

Hi,

In order to improve node situation we need to improve the small
packages problems.

What are the main bottlenet ? What could be done to improve the situation ?

The node small package does not change often so it could be a win to
your archive size.
Moreover if we could solve this problem we could think about small
perl package or even tex package.

Regards

Bastien

PS: no flame war please. I am juste trying to package stuff for grunt
and I have a lot of package in the kB range.