Re: Security concerns with minified javascript code

On Thursday 03 September 2015 08:47:11 Vincent Bernat wrote:
> Please, publish your own study.

I do not need to publish any studies to be sceptical.

> This number is well known and supported
> by an entity which is likely to have a population large enough to be
> significant.

You've mentioned no links to any studies and I found conclusion the way
you've expressed it to make little sense...

> Without minification, we'll just ship packages that people won't
> use. Why would I run a crippled installation of Wordpress that will
> drive of part of my users to another competitor?

Sorry but that feels like exaggeration. Maybe it is just my perception but
but it looks like you are trying to justify a bad practice (minification)
with remotely related arguments of little weight...

Why not use some pluggable minification plug-ins for Wordpress to control
minification on run-time (not on build time) and being able to opt it out?

--
Regards,
 Dmitry Smirnov.