Re: Adding support for LZIP to dpkg, using that instead of xz, archive wide

Hallo,
* Andrew Shadura [Fri, Jul 31 2015, 12:32:15AM]:
> On 31 July 2015 at 00:30, Svante Signell <svante.signell@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Incredible, Debian does no longer adopt to the world of free software
> > (not opensource) :( I wonder how RMS feels about this?
>
> Open source is free software. Free software is open source. No open
> source software isn't also free software. No free software isn't also
> open source.
>
> For more information, see also:
> http://jordi.inversethought.com/blog/5-things-we-have-forgotten-about-open-source/

In an ideal world.

In ours, "Open" can be like OpenGL consortium or Open Automomotive
Alliance or Open Mobile Alliance. Yeah, fully open, just pay a little
fee and don't disclose anything unless they are also "true open"...

Regards,
Eduard.