Re: Ad-hoc survey of existing Debian git integration tools

On Thu, 30 Jul 2015 14:56:33 +0200, Vincent Bernat <bernat@debian.org>
wrote:
> ? 30 juillet 2015 11:54 +0100, Ian Jackson <ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk> :

>>> Without using "gbp pq", the published git branches are patches-unapplied
>>> trees.
>>
>> Then to use dgit push, you must use gbp pq.
>>
>> Do you see why this is necessary, when the purpose is to provide a git
>> tree which is useful to someone who doesn't want to learn about your
>> specific patch system and workflow ?
>
>On the other hand, since the previous workflow was quilt, still using
>quilt is useful for someone who doesn't want to learn about specific git
>workflows.

Agreed. Additionally, my git/gbp workflow has blown up numerous times
with the patches applied. Since switching to patches unapplied, things
are just fine.

>Personally, I am waiting for the number of git-based workflows to
>decrease before settling for something else.

Agreed. It's a real pain to have a new workflow twice for each stable
release, it's killing valueable time and makes backporting a double
pain.

Greetings
Marc