Re: Re: The Spirit of Free Software, or The Reality

https://safebrowsing.google.com/safebrowsing/downloads?client=Iceweasel&appver=38.1.0&pver=2.2&key=no-google-api-key
 > > > + a few dozens of GET requests to https://safebrowsing.google.com/
 > > >
 > > > So nothing serious here. It's just casually violating your privacy.
 > >
 > > I disagree that the safebrowsing part is not serious, especially
considering
 > > that it continues to send a message there on every new page you
visit.  Best
 > > case the only thing that happens is that Google checks that you
aren't visiting
 > > a dangerous site.  But really?  Does anyone believe that Google
does not store
 > > this data to monitor browsing habits?
 >
 > FUD is easy. How about documenting yourself on how Safe browsing
 > actually works? Hint: urls are _never_ sent to Google. The worst thing
 > that Google can know is that the _hash_ of /some/ url you went to,
has the
 > first n bits matching the first n bits of the hash of one (or multiple)
 > of the known malware of phishing urls. Nothing more.

Yeah, it's not like google would have a giant scanning tool that
downloads the content, processes, parses, classifies every web page out
there.
Google will of course never ever generate and store in one of their
databases a hash of the url of each page they process. No, never ever
they will do that.
Also, google will never ever store your requests. They never store
anything for tra(ffi)cking.

Gruss

Christoph