Re: conflicts between Debian's and upstream's Debian package

Am Freitag, den 20.02.2015, 18:54 +0100 schrieb Andreas Tille:

[..]
> Is there any reason why you do not even now are talking about package
> name and upstream URL featuring the same name?  Its not fruitful to
> leave your discussion partners in the dark.

Well, Debian has made decisions against projects (or for alternative
projects) and this also changed the version numbers. Some examples are
cdrecord vs wodim, ffmpeg vs libav. The issue the user describes is
pretty common in Debian. I don't consider this a bug. It's more like a
limitation, which requires some unusual stuff like down-pinning a
repository for a package.

Regards, Daniel