Automatic restart of services after a library upgrade

Lets say there is a daemon / service D which is using library L. Both
are in separate packages. Security updates are handled via
unattended-upgrades. Now lets assume that unattended-upgrades upgrades
L. After that upgrade it does not restart D which means D remains
vulnerable until the box restarts or root restarts it manually.

Is there something that the package maintainer of D & L forgot in order
to get a restart automatically working? Or is that something that has to
be enabled within unattended-upgrades to get this done I am simply not
aware of it?
I noticed that php restarts apache but this restart is part of php's
postinst script. Is there are a trigger based solution of which I am not
aware of?

Sebastian