Re: moving to multiarch for packages with plugins

Hi,

Am 18.02.2015 um 11:49 schrieb Dennis van Dok:

> It's harder to reversely state that the new framework conflicts with
> older plugin packages: they would all have to be listed in the control
> file, and then only the known ones could be listed (it's not
> inconceivable other parties made their own outside of Debian).

We can only handle what is packages in Debian format and published
somewhere, but I believe that should cover the majority of cases.

I'd post a "call for plugin authors" on a few relevant mailing lists,
then use a line similar to

  Breaks: plugin-a (<= 0.1-4), plugin-b (<= 1.4-3)

with the current version of all known plugins, and leave that line in
for at least one release, possibly adding new plugins or adjusting the
version if a plugin ships another version without multiarch.

   Simon