Re: how to remove libsystemd0 from a live-running debian desktop system

On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 5:20 PM, claude juif <claude.juif@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Hi Luke,
>>
>> On 17 February 2015 at 17:28, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
>> <lkcl@lkcl.net> wrote:
>> > <265 lines of text and counting snipped>
>>
>> In short, this is TL;DR. We've all got better things to waste our time
>> on. Please go away. Nobody's interested in this any longer regardless
>> of their position on systemd.
>>
>> Thanks.
>

> Hi,
>
> Really rude answer. Really bad.

 thanks for pointing that out, claude - it helps that it was someone
else who pointed out that being uncivil by asking a *person* to go
away doesn't make the *problem* go away.

 andrew: i will go away only when i am satisified that the problem
which i believe it is my duty and responsibility to help highlight and
fix has, in fact gone away.

 if you feel that this is sufficiently beyond your psyche's limits,
there are a number of ways in which you may deal with that, but
*demanding* of people that they violate their principles, as well as
inconveniencing many other people and increasing _their_ stress levels
by voicing such demands... can you see how that that really will not
work out very well, for everyone involved, including yourself?

 short answer: no, i will not accede to your unreasonable demand.  i
have the right to speak up, and, just to make it clear: like that
famous person said, which i find myself quoting within a couple of
hours for completely  different reasons, "i do not agree with you, but
i will defend your right to say so".

 so thank you for making it clear that you find this difficult to cope
with, but please do take a relaxing holiday or something, ok? :)

 anyway, in other news, i'm delighted to have been made aware (very
recently) of the work by adam borowski, which i have to say is
completely unknown and underappreciated at this point.  links are
here:

 it would appear that one person has managed to achieve what the
devuan team are endeavouring to duplicate, and what my report has only
begun to scratch the surface on.  i find this to be incredibly funny.

 *but*... we are *not done yet*.  the work by adam is amazing and
everything that i was hoping would be done as an interim measure, so
adam THANK YOU, you have made it possible for the average end-user and
sysadmin to continue to manage their machines in a convenient way
*and* still make the choice to not have libsystemd0 present, and
that's just... words fail me to express my gratitude.

 *but*... the next phase is to tackle upstream and to pursue the
design concept advocated by russ: dynamic loading.  there really
should be no need to use what adam's done (or what devuan want).  it
*really should* be possible to install (or remove) a few packages that
are *part of debian*, and have libsystemd0 enabled or disabled *at
will*.  even with editing an /etc/ config file.

 that this is not even possible *is* why i will not stop - andrew -
until it is.  have i made myself clear?

l.