Re: how to remove libsystemd0 from a live-running debian desktop system

Hallo,
* Lisi Reisz [Mon, Feb 16 2015, 11:42:14AM]:
> On Monday 16 February 2015 08:09:19 Marco d'Itri wrote:
> > > to debian-users: you don't have complete choice (yet), but i have
> > > demonstrated with a few hours work that there is a way to run
> > > (certain) desktop environments without requiring libsystemd0 or any of
> > > its dependencies, and after a little investigation there do appear to
> > > be people working hard to give you your right to choose what software
> > > to run *without* having to abandon debian.
> >
> > I strongly recommend that the people who cannot live with libsystemd0
> > installed on their systems leave Debian,
>
> Oh, yes, please!  Please.  Please.  You have lots of choice.  There are lots
> of distros and you can fork (devuan).  But leave us in peace!  It has been
> lovely on this list without you lot.

+1, please!

(And if you still want to start a crusade against system libraries,
please try practicing first with more famous targets like libselinux1 or
even libpthread... nobody needs this dependency hell, right?)

Regards,
Eduard.