Re: packages for adoption: icu, tiff, xerces-c, psutils

Hello Kamaraju,

Thank you for that information I am checking it out at this time!

Best,

Richard B. Winters

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 12:02 PM, Richard Winters <rik@mmogp.com> wrote:

> I'm not a 'debian' maintainer or developer...total newbie to alioth -> but
> I'm a c++ developer with over 10 years experience.  I'm experienced with
> linux and more specifically debian development (just not officially).
>
> That said I'd love to get involved with Debian development -> I love debian
> and live by it. Anyone willing to lemme help out would be great. I check on
> alioth often...projects never seem to be posted for help...as a newbie I'm
> confused how to get started -> I've read documentation yet most of these
> emails looking for helping or specifying a package to be orphaned require a
> dev or maintainer....some of the packages I've looked into helping out with
> either dont have a buglist or are severely old and have dozens of helpers
> already.
>
> I offer my help here because I tend to need the ICU packages for building
> various things...if its gonna be orphaned I'd rather help out...

Take a look at the how-can-i-help package to identify potential areas
where you can contribute. For example,

% how-can-i-help --show newcomer,RFH
% how-can-i-help --old | less

More details can be found in "man how-can-i-help". You can install
this by "apt-get install how-can-i-help".

raju