Re: How to type ellipsis on Linux keyboard

Quoting Nikolaus Rath (2015-02-12 06:15:53)
>> How dare you write ... instead of the proper … :-P
>
> I'm curious, how do you type that in conviently? I hope it's not
> copying and pasting from a template file, and remembering (and/or
> finding out) the X11 Compose sequence seems cumbersome too.

Thanks for asking :-)

I have¹ the following in my ~/.profile:

  setxkbmap dk -option compose:menu

With that I² can now type MENU+.+. to get that lovely³ ellipsis.

 - Jonas

¹ Thanks to Teemu on the shiny new #debian-nordic irc channel: Until two
days ago I copy-pasted that character when needed.

² You probably wanna replace the "dk" with your own locale.

³ it is my favorite character of all, ever since I first discovered it
as CMD+Q on Macintosh System 7.