Re: Who gets an email when with bugreports [was: Re: Unauthorised activity surrounding tbb package]

On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 4:30 PM, Johannes Schauer wrote:

> how about the other way round then:
>
>  - by default everything stays as it is and there is no auto subscription
>  - by sending an email to the bts I can activate that I'm automatically
>    subscribed to all bugs I submitted or contributed (maybe separately
>    configurable)
>
> Would this not make both camps happy: those who would like to autosubscribe to
> the bugs they file or contribute to and those who rather want to individually
> subscribe to each bug report?

I think that will just continue the current situation where people
don't know that they have to be subscribed to get followups, as they
are used to other bug trackers where both bug submission and even
posting a comment will get you on the subscribe list by default.

Maybe this:

New submitters get the autosubscribe bit by default.

People who have submitted before 2015 do not get the autosubscribe bit
by default.

--
bye,
pabs