Re: Who gets an email when with bugreports [was: Re: Unauthorised activity surrounding tbb package]

Hi,

Quoting Ben Hutchings (2015-01-19 02:03:52)
> On Mon, 2015-01-19 at 08:37 +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> > I'd very much appreciate the ability to not be auto-subscribed to
> > every bug so please do implement the opt-out thing, preferably before
> > this change is rolled out.
> >
> > Personally, I think subscriptions should work like this:
> >
> > The default should be to auto-subscribe submitters and contributors to bugs.
> [...]
>
> No, this would turn the BTS into a (worse) spam vector.

how about the other way round then:

 - by default everything stays as it is and there is no auto subscription
 - by sending an email to the bts I can activate that I'm automatically
   subscribed to all bugs I submitted or contributed (maybe separately
   configurable)

Would this not make both camps happy: those who would like to autosubscribe to
the bugs they file or contribute to and those who rather want to individually
subscribe to each bug report?

cheers, josch