Re: GUI Configuration tool for main Debian window managers

On Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 2:17 AM, john Lutz wrote:

> I was wondering how one would one go about building
> a GUI tool to cover every imaginable setting via a GUI
> interface for the majority of standard live and other installed
> Debian distribtion?.. And what tools / standards
> are required by such?

There is no standard mechanism to configure all software in Debian,
the first step would be to pick an existing standard and convince all
upstream developers to switch to it. Personally I don't think this is
a feasible project, there are too many opinions on how to configure
software and too much software with more complex configuration (such
as programming languages or domain-specific languages) requirements
for there to be any chance of global agreement amongst Free Software
developers.

--
bye,
pabs