support for merged /usr in Debian

We have a reasonably tested usrmerge package which can be used to
convert on the fly a system to merged /usr, and the good news is that
there are only three packages which need to be fixed to work on a merged
/usr system.

Thanks to my conversion program in usrmerge there is no need for a flag
day, archive rebuilds or similar complexity and we can even continue to
support unmerged systems.

I welcome your comments, but if you have any questions then please read
the FAQ first:
https://wiki.debian.org/UsrMerge
https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/users/md/usrmerge.git/plain/debian/README.Debian

If you want to help then please have a look at the open bugs linked on
wiki.d.o about lintian and policy work.

--
ciao,
Marco