vim plugin dependency and libruby

I've been helping someone with a vim plugin called vim-command-t[1] and
we've both hit a snag.  The problem is that when I used pbuilder it
linked the plugin to libruby 2.2 but my vim is linked to libruby2.1

Now, the package has in its dependencies libruby2.2. libruby2.2 and
libruby2.1 are both installed. As far as dpkg is concerned, all is well.

Is there some way of putting some dependency onto vim to say "I want
the vim linked to libruby2.2". One idea is to figure out what version
they did link to it and put that in, but that's hard to maintain and
doesn't work across architectures nicely.

Generically the problem is:
  binary foo linked to libbar1, control file pulls in libbar1
  plugin baz linked to libbar2, control file pulls in libbar2

But when foo tries to load plugin baz, it fails. Is it a problem with
the plugin? Should it be using "ruby things" via the binary?

 - Craig

[1] http://mentors.debian.net/package/vim-command-t
--
Craig Small (@smallsees)   http://enc.com.au/       csmall at : enc.com.au