Re: debian.org RTC: announcing XMPP, SIP presence and more

Am 21.11.2015 um 13:50 schrieb Pirate Praveen <praveen@onenetbeyond.org>:

> On 2015, നവംബർ 21 5:20:27 PM IST, "Ingo Jürgensmann" <ij@2014.bluespice.org> wrote:
> >Maybe someone can setup a service or tool that logs into your old XMPP
> >contact and either forwards incoming messages from your old XMPP
> >account to the new one or gives the other users some kind of automated
> >notification that you can reached now at the other address…
> There is an xep for sharing contacts, no idea which clients support it though.
> http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0144.html

Well, sharing contacts is one thing. In most cases you can export your roster and import it somewhere else, but the main problem is that you need all your contacts to use your new XMPP instead of your old. That’s the real problem, I think.

--
Ciao...          //        http://blog.windfluechter.net
      Ingo     \X/     XMPP: ij@jabber.windfluechter.net

gpg pubkey:  http://www.juergensmann.de/ij_public_key.asc