Re: git, debian/<version> tags, dgit - namespace proposal [and 1 more messages]

Ian Jackson <ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:

> It has nothing to do with the source format.  That's the opposite of
> what this tag namespace is for.  For a package and version this git
> tag refers to the source code that you'd get out of `apt-get source'
> or dpkg-source -x, _regardless_ of the source format.

Maybe I am confused or missed something, however I thought that was
exactly the point of the debian/<version> tag in DEP-14.

In what way does your use differ from the debian/<version> tag in
DEP-14?
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>