Re: Ideas to improve dpkg/ucf with hooks [was: Putting default config files in /usr]

Le samedi 14 novembre 2015, 15:50:28 15:50:28 Vincent Danjean a écrit :
> And, after the current discussion, I have new thoughts for more complex
> things:
> - to be able to track external directory (/usr/...) as 'models' for
>   config files and to present the same kind of resolution conflict
>   when a file in /etc is present that override a modified default config
>   file in /usr

There's a similar mechanism supported by cme which is named "layered
configuration".

This was developed for multistrap whose's configuration
uses base configuration files and override  files. This is also used by ssh model where
~/.ssh/config overrides the values defined in /etc/ssh/config

I admit that this feature is somewhat underdocumented [1] :-/

All the best

[1] http://search.cpan.org/dist/Config-Model-Itself/lib/Config/Model/models/Itself/ConfigRead.pod#default_layer_-_How_to_find_default_values_in_a_global_config_file
   and http://search.cpan.org/dist/Config-Model/lib/Config/Model/Value/LayeredInclude.pm

--