Re: Copyright file granularity

On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 04:10:14PM +0000, Wookey wrote:
> I've been helping package a load of stuff recently for Robot OS and in
> checking the copyright files I've come up aginst the question of exactly
> how much segmentation there should be in copyright files, and the answer
> to that depends on what it is they are actually for?

> Is it sufficient to specify what licence things are under, or do we
> really want to split it up into every licence x copyright-holder, or
> even every licence x copyright statement (i.e date + holder)?

> Clearly we need to know what licence things are under, and that seems
> to me to be the main purpose of the file. One can imagine
> circumstances when some argument develops and we might need to care
> about exactly _who_ owns the copyright on each file, but under normal
> circumstances that simply doesn't matter. We just care if it was BSD
> or GPL or Apache or whatever, not who actually contributed it under
> those terms: that's part of the point of free-software licencing. It's
> easy enough to go look at exactly which file is copyright who if need
> be.

It is important to list all copyright holders; this is not something that
it's "easy enough" to look up in the source, because many of these free
software licenses require that you reproduce the copyright statement
whenever you distribute binaries.

  2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
     documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.

  (/usr/share/common-licenses/BSD)

To avoid accidental failures to comply with such license terms, Debian
policy requires that *all* packages include the copyright information.

> However there are numerous copyright holders and files contributed on
> various dates so I spent several hours making this copyright file:
> https://sources.debian.net/src/ompl/1.0.0%2Bds2-1/debian/copyright/
> with each copyright owner split out into a separate stanza.

> Is there any real benefit in doing this? It's moderately accurate, but
> what is the practical benefit over lumping all the BSD-3-clause
> copyright holders together into one list?

Do we need to list all copyright holders?  Yes.  Do we need the copyright to
be listed at the granularity of individual source files?  No.

And we should have better tools to generate debian/copyright files - this
shouldn't be an intensive manual process.  Unfortunately the only tool I'm
aware of that does this is coupled to cdbs.

And if we want the debian/copyright file to be readable afterwards, the
tools are going to need to make some smart decisions about grouping of
copyright stanzas, and not just list one for each (license, copyright
holders, copyright dates) tuple.

As an example of what I mean by "smart" groupings, I offer up the
debian/copyright of edk2, attached.  Unfortunately, I had to craft this
monster by hand; and there are no tools to validate that it remains
correct[1] after updating to new upstream releases.

Having a machine-readable copyright format is only the first step.  If I
ever get a round tuit, my goals are:

 - a stand-alone tool that can generate a debian/copyright (with "smart"
   stanza grouping) from the output of licensecheck
 - a standard format for hinting this tool in the debian directory when the
   answers licensecheck detects by inspecting the source are inaccurate
 - a stand-alone tool that can compare any two machine-readable copyright
   files and a given source tree and tell you whether they are equivalent

The last is key, because it gives us automation around making sure
debian/copyright is accurate and stays accurate.

Anyway, as I don't know when I'll get the tuits for this, I'll at least post
about it here in case it inspires someone to work on it.

> I just uploaded rosdistro
> (https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/ros-rosdistro) and got a comment from
> the reviewing ftpmaster that combining the two different copyright holders
> for BSD-3-clause files into one stanza was not really right:

Was this comment from the ftpmaster given as a reason for rejecting an
upload?

The lack of transparency and accountability around rejects from the NEW
queue is an unfortunate problem.  Since reject notifications are only sent
to the uploader, this has the pernicious effect of giving uploaders the
impression that the reject reasons are project consensus, when this is not
at all guaranteed to be the case.  This in turn leads to uploaders
cargo-culting the interpretation of policy that led to the reject, which
over time twists that very consensus.

> So, after thinking about this for a while I decided that it was not
> clear to me what best/acceptable practice is, and that it would be
> best to ask here.

Thanks for doing so.

I absolutely agree with your interpretation.  There is no requirement in
policy that debian/copyright separately detail the copyright statements of
individual source files; it is perfectly acceptable (legally and under
policy) to aggregate these, e.g. "these five source files are under this
license, and are under some combination of copyright by these 10 authors and
these ranges of years".

(With the caveat that Maxy raised, that in the case of a BSD license, you
may find the names of different copyright holders embedded in the text of
the license itself.  In that case, it's not obviously true that you can
aggregate them under a single license stanza.)

[1] for values of "correct" equal to "in sync with upstream copyright
statements"
Format: http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/copyright-format/1.0/
Upstream-Name: edk2
Source: git://github.com/tianocore/edk2.git, http://www.openssl.org/source/,
 and https://efi-shell.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/efi-shell/trunk/Shell,
 with .efi binary files removed from the source at package generation time.
 See get-orig-source in debian/rules for details.
Disclaimer: This package is not part of Debian because it does not meet
 Debian's license standards due to the licensing on the Intel FAT driver
 (see License: Intel-Fat-Driver below).  With this exception, all other
 code in this package meets the Debian Free Software Guidelines.

Files: *
Copyright: 1999-2013, Intel Corporation
License: BSD-2-clause

Files: StdLib/PosixLib/Stringlist/stringlist.c StdLib/PosixLib/Gen/dirname.c
       StdLib/LibC/Time/strptime.c StdLib/LibC/Locale/aliasname_local.h
       StdLib/LibC/Locale/wcsxfrm.c StdLib/LibC/Locale/wcstold.c
       StdLib/LibC/Locale/__mb_cur_max.c StdLib/LibC/Locale/_wcstod.h
       StdLib/LibC/Locale/aliasname.c StdLib/LibC/Locale/__wctoint.h
       StdLib/LibC/Locale/wcsftime.c StdLib/LibC/Locale/wcscoll.c
       StdLib/LibC/Locale/wcstof.c StdLib/LibC/Locale/wcstod.c
       StdLib/LibC/Locale/wcstoul.c StdLib/LibC/Locale/setlocale32.c
       StdLib/LibC/Math/* StdLib/LibC/gdtoa/* StdLib/LibC/StdLib/setprogname.c
       StdLib/Include/strings.h StdLib/Include/Ipf/* StdLib/Include/nsswitch.h
       StdLib/Include/stringlist.h StdLib/BsdSocketLib/getnetnamadr.c
       StdLib/BsdSocketLib/getnetbynis.c StdLib/BsdSocketLib/gethostnamadr.c
       StdLib/BsdSocketLib/gethostbynis.c
Copyright: 1993, Sun Microsystems, Inc.
           1994, Garrett Wollman
           1994-2008, The NetBSD Foundation, Inc.
           1994-1996, Carnegie-Mellon University
           1996-1997 John D. Polstra
           1998-2000, Lucent Technologies
           1998-2001, Doug Rabson
           1999-2006, Citrus Project
           1999-2012, Intel Corporation
           2002, YAMAMOTO Takashi
           2002, Tim J. Robbins
           2002-2004, Marcel Moolenaar
           2003, David Schultz <das@FreeBSD.ORG>
License: BSD-2-clause

Files: OvmfPkg/*
Copyright: 2004-2013, Intel Corporation
           2008-2009, Apple Inc.
           2011, Andrei Warkentin <andreiw@motorola.com>
           2011-2012, Bei Guan <gbtju85@gmail.com>
           2012-2013, Red Hat, Inc
License: BSD-2-clause

Files: BaseTools/Source/C/GenFw/elf*.h
       BaseTools/Source/Python/sitecustomize.py DuetPkg/build*.sh
       EmulatorPkg/* MdeModulePkg/Core/DxeIplPeim/Arm/DxeLoadFunc.c
       MdeModulePkg/Library/PeiDebugPrintHobLib/PeiDebugPrintHobLib.c
       MdeModulePkg/Universal/Variable/RuntimeDxe/VariableDxe.c
       MdePkg/Include/* MdePkg/Library/*
Copyright: 1996-1998 John D. Polstra
           2004-2013, Intel Corporation
           2006, Tristan Gingold
           2008-2012, Apple Inc.
           2011-2013, ARM Limited
           2013, Red Hat, Inc.
License: BSD-2-clause

Files: FatBinPkg/* FatPkg/*
Copyright: 2006, Intel Corporation
License: Intel-Fat-Driver

Files: ArmPkg/* ArmPlatformPkg/* BaseTools/Source/C/Common/*PeCoff*.c
       BaseTools/Source/C/GenFv/GenFvInternalLib.c
       BaseTools/Source/C/GenFw/Elf64Convert.c
       BaseTools/Source/C/Include/AArch64/*
       BaseTools/Source/C/Include/Arm/*
       BaseTools/Source/C/Include/IndustryStandard/PeImage.h
       BeagleBoardPkg/* EmbeddedPkg/* Omap35xxPkg/*
Copyright: 2011-2013, ARM Limited
           2008-2010, Apple Inc.
           2004-2013, Intel Corporation
           2009, Hewlett-Packard Company
           2011, Hewlett-Packard Corporation
           2003-2008 University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
License: BSD-2-clause

Files: ShellPkg/Application/Shell/* ShellPkg/Library/*
Copyright: 1999-2013, Intel Corporation
           2013, Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P.
License: BSD-2-clause

Files: ArmPkg/Library/CompilerIntrinsicsLib/AArch64/memcpy.S
       ArmPlatformPkg/ArmVExpressPkg/Scripts/uefi-aarch64-bootstrap/*
       EdkCompatibilityPkg/* Shell/*
       StdLibPrivateInternalFiles/Include/kfile.h StdLib/PosixLib/Glob/glob.c
       StdLib/PosixLib/Gen/readdir.c StdLib/PosixLib/Gen/utime.c
       StdLib/PosixLib/Gen/opendir.c StdLib/PosixLib/Gen/closedir.c
       StdLib/LibC/Time/gettimeofday.c StdLib/LibC/Locale/_wcstol.h
       StdLib/LibC/Locale/rune.h StdLib/LibC/Locale/setlocale.c
       StdLib/LibC/Locale/iswctype_sb.c StdLib/LibC/Locale/_wcstoul.h
       StdLib/LibC/Locale/multibyte_sb.c StdLib/LibC/Locale/runetype.h
       StdLib/LibC/String/strncasecmp.c StdLib/LibC/Main/is*.c
       StdLib/LibC/Main/*/is*.c StdLib/LibC/NetUtil/inet_*.c
       StdLib/LibC/Stdio/* StdLib/LibC/StdLib/* StdLib/Include/netatalk/*
       StdLib/Include/glob.h StdLib/Include/Ipf/machine/limits.h
       StdLib/Include/Ipf/machine/int_types.h
       StdLib/Include/Ipf/machine/param.h StdLib/Include/Ipf/machine/stdarg.h
       StdLib/Include/Ipf/machine/types.h StdLib/Include/Ipf/machine/varargs.h
       StdLib/Include/Ipf/machine/vmparam.h StdLib/Include/Ipf/machine/ansi.h
       StdLib/Include/Ipf/machine/aout_machdep.h StdLib/Include/netinet6/in6.h
       StdLib/Include/pwd.h StdLib/Include/locale.h StdLib/Include/dirent.h
       StdLib/Include/arpa/nameser.h StdLib/Include/arpa/inet.h
       StdLib/Include/utime.h StdLib/Include/netinet/in.h
       StdLib/Include/netinet/tcp.h StdLib/Include/X64/machine/atomic.h
       StdLib/Include/X64/machine/asm.h StdLib/Include/X64/machine/int_types.h
       StdLib/Include/X64/machine/types.h StdLib/Include/X64/machine/ansi.h
       StdLib/Include/paths.h StdLib/Include/netdb.h
       StdLib/Include/Ia32/machine/asm.h StdLib/Include/Ia32/machine/int_types.h
       StdLib/Include/Ia32/machine/param.h StdLib/Include/Ia32/machine/types.h
       StdLib/Include/Ia32/machine/ansi.h StdLib/BsdSocketLib/getaddrinfo.c
       StdLib/BsdSocketLib/getnameinfo.c
Copyright: 1982-2013, Intel Corporation
           1982-1994, The Regents of the University of California
           1990-1991, Regents of The University of Michigan
           1993-1994, Digital Equipment Corporation
           1995, Jason Downs
           1995-1997, Kungliga Tekniska Hogskolan
           1995-1998, WIDE Project
           1996-1999, Internet Software Consortium
           1997, Todd C. Miller <Todd.Miller@courtesan.com>
           2002, Wasabi Systems, Inc
           2004, Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.
           2010-2012, Intel Corporation
           2011-2013, ARM Limited
License: BSD-3-clause

Files: StdLibPrivateInternalFiles/Include/namespace.h
       StdLibPrivateInternalFiles/Include/reentrant.h
       StdLibPrivateInternalFiles/Include/extern.h
       StdLib/PosixLib/Err/warn_err.c StdLib/LibC/Time/timegm.c
       StdLib/LibC/Time/strftime.c StdLib/LibC/Locale/ctypeio.*
       StdLib/LibC/String/strsep.c StdLib/LibC/gdtoa/_strtold.c
       StdLib/LibC/gdtoa/_strtof.c StdLib/LibC/Main/Arm/flt_rounds.c
       StdLib/LibC/Uefi/writev.c StdLib/LibC/Uefi/select.c
       StdLib/LibC/Uefi/compat.c StdLib/LibC/NetUtil/inet_addr.c
       StdLib/LibC/Stdio/fparseln.c StdLib/LibC/Stdio/vswscanf.c
       StdLib/LibC/Stdio/vfwscanf.c StdLib/LibC/Stdio/flockfile.c
       StdLib/Include/sys/* StdLib/Include/x86/ieee.h
       StdLib/Include/sysexits StdLib/Include/Ipf/machine/loadfile_machdep.h
       StdLib/Include/Ipf/machine/cpu_counter.h
       StdLib/Include/Ipf/machine/pmap.h
       StdLib/Include/Ipf/machine/wchar_limits.h
       StdLib/Include/Ipf/machine/cpu.h StdLib/Include/Ipf/machine/disklabel.h
       StdLib/Include/Ipf/machine/ptrace.h StdLib/Include/Ipf/machine/setjmp.h
       StdLib/Include/Ipf/machine/int_limits.h StdLib/Include/nl_types.h
       StdLib/Include/Arm/machine/* StdLib/Include/net/*
       StdLib/Include/inttypes.h StdLib/Include/arpa/telnet.h
       StdLib/Include/arpa/nameser_compat.h StdLib/Include/arpa/ftp.h
       StdLib/Include/netinet/ip.h StdLib/Include/netinet/in_systm.h
       StdLib/Include/*/machine/int_mwgwtypes.h
       StdLib/Include/*/machine/int_const.h
       StdLib/Include/X64/machine/byte_swap.h
       StdLib/Include/*/machine/int_fmtio.h
       StdLib/Include/X64/machine/int_limits.h StdLib/Include/resolv.h
       StdLib/Include/netns/ns.h StdLib/Include/Ia32/machine/byte_swap.h
       StdLib/Include/Ia32/machine/int_limits.h StdLib/BsdSocketLib/map_v4v6.c
       StdLib/BsdSocketLib/inet_net_pton.c StdLib/BsdSocketLib/res_*.c
       StdLib/BsdSocketLib/sethostname.c StdLib/BsdSocketLib/ns_*.c
       StdLib/BsdSocketLib/getnetbyht.c StdLib/BsdSocketLib/getproto.c
       StdLib/BsdSocketLib/gethostname.c StdLib/BsdSocketLib/gethostbydns.c
       StdLib/BsdSocketLib/herror.c StdLib/BsdSocketLib/getprotoname.c
       StdLib/BsdSocketLib/inet_neta.c StdLib/BsdSocketLib/getservbyport.c
       StdLib/BsdSocketLib/inet_pton.c StdLib/BsdSocketLib/getservent.c
       StdLib/BsdSocketLib/gethostbyht.c StdLib/BsdSocketLib/getservbyname.c
       StdLib/BsdSocketLib/getnetbydns.c StdLib/BsdSocketLib/getprotoent.c
Copyright: 1983-1993, Digital Equipment Corporation
           1982-1994, Regents of the University of California
           1988, University of Utah
           1993, Carlos Leandro and Rui Salgueiro
           1994, Christopher G. Demetriou
           1994, Winning Strategies, Inc
           1994-1997, Mark Brinicombe
           1996, Internet Software Consortium
           1996-1997, Christos Zoulas
           1997-2006, The NetBSD Foundation, Inc
           1998 HD Associates, Inc
           2000-2001, Artur Grabowski <art@openbsd.org>
           1999-2012, Intel Corporation
License: BSD-4-clause

Files: StdLib/LibC/Stdio/fileext.h StdLib/LibC/Stdio/wscanf.c
       StdLib/LibC/Stdio/vwscanf.c StdLib/LibC/Stdio/*wc.c
       StdLib/LibC/Stdio/*wchar.c StdLib/LibC/Stdio/fgetws.c
       StdLib/LibC/Stdio/swscanf.c StdLib/LibC/Stdio/wcio.h
       StdLib/LibC/Stdio/fwide.c StdLib/LibC/Stdio/fwscanf.c
       StdLib/LibC/Stdio/wprintf.c StdLib/LibC/Stdio/swprintf.c
       StdLib/LibC/Stdio/fputws.c StdLib/LibC/Stdio/vwprintf.c
       StdLib/LibC/Stdio/fwprintf.c
Copyright: 2001, Citrus Project
           2002, Tim J. Robbins
           2010-2012, Intel Corporation
License: BSD-2-clause

Files: StdLib/LibC/String/strlcat.c StdLib/LibC/String/strlcpy.c
       StdLib/LibC/NetUtil/inet_ntop.c StdLib/BsdSocketLib/base64.c
       StdLib/BsdSocketLib/inet_net_ntop.c StdLib/BsdSocketLib/res_data.c
       StdLib/BsdSocketLib/ns_netint.c StdLib/BsdSocketLib/nsap_addr.c
Copyright: 1998, Todd C. Miller <Todd.Miller@courtesan.com>
           1996-1999, Internet Software Consortium
           1995-2000, International Business Machines, Inc
           2004, Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.
           2011, Intel Corporation
License: ISC

Files: CryptoPkg/Library/OpensslLib/openssl-0.9.8w/*
Copyright: 1998-2004 The OpenSSL Project
           1995-1998 Eric A. Young, Tim J. Hudson
License: OpenSSL

License: BSD-2-clause
 modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
 are met:
 .
 * Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
   notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
 * Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
   notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in
   the documentation and/or other materials provided with the
   distribution.
 .
 THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS
 "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT
 LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS
 FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE
 COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT,
 INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING,
 BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES;
 LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER
 CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT
 LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN
 ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE
 POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

License: BSD-3-clause
 modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are
 met:
 .
   . Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
 notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
 .
   . Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
 documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
 .
   . Neither the name of the Intel Corporation nor the names of its
 contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from
 this software without specific prior written permission.
 .
 THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS
 "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT
 LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR
 A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT
 OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL,
 SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT
 LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE,
 THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT
 (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE
 OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
 DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY

License: BSD-4-clause
 modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
 are met:
 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
    notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
    documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
 3. All advertising materials mentioning features or use of this software
    must display the following acknowledgement:
        This product includes software developed by the NetBSD
        Foundation, Inc. and its contributors.
 4. Neither the name of The NetBSD Foundation nor the names of its
    contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived
    from this software without specific prior written permission.
 .
 THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE NETBSD FOUNDATION, INC. AND CONTRIBUTORS
 ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED
 TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
 PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED.  IN NO EVENT SHALL THE FOUNDATION OR CONTRIBUTORS
[...]

    software must display the following acknowledgment:
    "This product includes software developed by the OpenSSL Project
    for use in the OpenSSL Toolkit. (http://www.openssl.org/)"
 .
 4. The names "OpenSSL Toolkit" and "OpenSSL Project" must not be used to
    endorse or promote products derived from this software without
    prior written permission. For written permission, please contact
    openssl-core@openssl.org.
 .
 5. Products derived from this software may not be called "OpenSSL"
    nor may "OpenSSL" appear in their names without prior written
    permission of the OpenSSL Project.
 .
 6. Redistributions of any form whatsoever must retain the following
    acknowledgment:
    "This product includes software developed by the OpenSSL Project
    for use in the OpenSSL Toolkit (http://www.openssl.org/)"
 .
 THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE OpenSSL PROJECT ``AS IS'' AND ANY
 EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE
 IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
 PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED.  IN NO EVENT SHALL THE OpenSSL PROJECT OR
 ITS CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL,
 SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT
 NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES;
 LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION)
 HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT,
 STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE)
 ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED
 OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
 .
 This product includes cryptographic software written by Eric Young
 (eay@cryptsoft.com).  This product includes software written by Tim
 Hudson (tjh@cryptsoft.com).
 .
 This library is free for commercial and non-commercial use as long as
 the following conditions are aheared to.  The following conditions
 apply to all code found in this distribution, be it the RC4, RSA,
 lhash, DES, etc., code; not just the SSL code.  The SSL documentation
 included with this distribution is covered by the same copyright terms
 except that the holder is Tim Hudson (tjh@cryptsoft.com).
 .
 Copyright remains Eric Young's, and as such any Copyright notices in
 the code are not to be removed.
 If this package is used in a product, Eric Young should be given attribution
 as the author of the parts of the library used.
 This can be in the form of a textual message at program startup or
 in documentation (online or textual) provided with the package.
 .
 modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
 are met:
 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the copyright
    notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
    documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
 3. All advertising materials mentioning features or use of this software
    must display the following acknowledgement:
    "This product includes cryptographic software written by
     Eric Young (eay@cryptsoft.com)"
    The word 'cryptographic' can be left out if the rouines from the library
    being used are not cryptographic related :-).
 4. If you include any Windows specific code (or a derivative thereof) from
    the apps directory (application code) you must include an acknowledgement:
    "This product includes software written by Tim Hudson (tjh@cryptsoft.com)"
 .
 THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY ERIC YOUNG ``AS IS'' AND
 ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE
 IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE
 ARE DISCLAIMED.  IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE
 FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL
 DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS
 OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION)
 HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT
 LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY
 OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF
 SUCH DAMAGE.
 .
 The licence and distribution terms for any publically available version or
 derivative of this code cannot be changed.  i.e. this code cannot simply be
 copied and put under another distribution licence
 [including the GNU Public Licence.]

License: ISC
 Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software for any
 purpose with or without fee is hereby granted, provided that the above
 copyright notice and this permission notice appear in all copies.
 .
 THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND INTERNET SOFTWARE CONSORTIUM DISCLAIMS
 ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THIS SOFTWARE INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES
 OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS. IN NO EVENT SHALL INTERNET SOFTWARE
 CONSORTIUM BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL
 DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR
 PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS
 ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS
 SOFTWARE.

License: Intel-Fat-Driver
 modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are
 met:
 .
   . Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
 notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
 .
   . Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
 documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
 .
  .  Neither the name of Intel nor the names of its contributors may
[...]
 Additional terms: In addition to the forgoing, redistribution and use
 of the code is conditioned upon the FAT 32 File System Driver and all
 derivative works thereof being used for and designed only to read
 and/or write to a file system that is directly managed by Intel's
 Extensible Firmware Initiative (EFI) Specification v. 1.0 and later
 and/or the Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) Forum's UEFI
 Specifications v.2.0 and later (together the "UEFI Specifications");
 only as necessary to emulate an implementation of the UEFI Specifications;
 and to create firmware, applications, utilities and/or drivers.