Re: Putting default config files in /usr [was; (newbie) Disruptive LIRC package update.]

On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 10:24 AM, Josh Triplett wrote:

> As for versioning of changes to the defaults, I hope someday to see all
> package contents stored and distributed via version control, making it
> easy to track changes even across versions I haven't actually installed
> on my system.

The WebConverger project (a Debian derivative) has something like that:

http://webconverger.org/blog/entry/Webconverger_12_release_notes/
https://github.com/Webconverger/webc
https://groups.google.com/group/webc-users/browse_thread/thread/ff23e4ee19c476b9
http://webconverger.org/upgrade/