Re: (newbie) Disruptive LIRC package update.

On 10/11/15 14:49, Andrew Shadura wrote:
> On 10/11/15 13:39, Alec Leamas wrote:
>> On 10/11/15 13:26, Andrew Shadura wrote:

> I think you can try to do it systemd way: keep the default configuration
> in /usr/lib, and leave /etc for local user configuration which overrides
> the default config.
>
> Not sure how good is this idea, I hope others can comment on this.

Wouldn't this effectively be the package climbing on the sysadmin's
feet? As I understand it, vendor configuration (and in this context,
debian is vendor, right?) goes into /usr/lib/systemd whereas the local
sysadmin rules over /etc/systemd?

Anyway, it turns out that the systemd files are really not updated. The
configuration lives in lirc_options.conf, some other /etc/lirc/*.conf
files + the very fact that certain systemd units are enabled/started or
not. And starting fresh systemd services behind the back of local
sysadmin - is this a nice thing to do?

Cheers!

--alec