Re: Differences between build and CI environment

Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org> writes:
> On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 04:31:12PM +0200, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
>> Ole Streicher <olebole@debian.org> (2015-09-28):
>> > @pytest.mark.skipif('not PY3_4 or sys.platform == "win32" or
>> > sys.platform.startswith("gnu0")')
>> > def test_multiprocessing_forkserver(): [...]
>> >    ctx = multiprocessing.get_context('forkserver')
>>
>> A common issue with multiprocessing is the lack of /dev/shm; you would
>> usually get something like "function not implemented" though.

That is a problem on Hurd, and this is solved with excluding it from the
test.

> the CI environment does have /dev/shm, so I don't think that would be
> the problem. given the fact that the tests pass just fine under python2
> but not under python3, I would start by investigating the difference in
> requirements for that code between the python versions.

No; the test is only for python-3.4 and newer, since the 'forkserver
method is only implemented in 3.4.

> if you can reproduce the issue locally (you probably want to reduce the
> timeout from the default of 2h), you can pass --shell-fail to adt-run,
> you will get a shell in the testbed, when you will be able to fiddle
> around and try to figure out what the problem is.

I still did not create a local CI environment yet. Since the test is
self-consistent (in fact, it does not test astropy, but python-3.4), I
was hoping that someone else already went into the problem.

Best

Ole