Re: Byte swapped /usr/share?

On Sat, Sep 26, 2015 at 03:04:47PM +0200, Jakub Wilk wrote:
> * Rene Engelhard <rene@debian.org>, 2015-09-26, 14:30:
> >>Just to make it sure: for the architectures that currently built
> >>on Debian (officially or inofficially), I should then use
> >>someting like the following in d/control:
> >>
> >>Depends: astrometry-data-tycho2-07-bigendian [any-amd64 | any-i386 | armel | mipsel | ppc64el | mips64el | x32 | alpha],
> >>        astrometry-data-tycho2-07-bigendian [mips | arm64 | armhf | powerpc | powerpcspe | ppc64 | hppa | m68k | sparc64 | s390x | sh4],
> >>        ${misc:Depends}
> >>
> >>Does this look correctly (especiall what arch is little and
> >>whatis big endian)? BTW, wrap-and-sort doesn't break this nicely
> >>:-(
> >
> >ITYM -littleendian in the first line ;)
> >
> >And you got some archs wrong, see
> >https://wiki.debian.org/ArchitectureSpecificsMemo e.g. arm64/armhf
> >is LE
>
> Also, the syntax is wrong. Architectures between square brackets
> should be separated by spaces.
>
> But more importantly, every time you hardcode architecture list in
> debian/control, you make architecture bootstrappers cry.
>
> Instead, you should use something like this:
>
> Depends: ${astrometry-data}, ${misc:Depends}
>
> and generate substitution for ${astrometry-data} appropriate for the
> host architecture in debian/rules.

Wouldn't it be better to just add Depends on an empty
"astrometry-data-tycho2-07" in the programs, and have that one Depend on
either astrometry-data-tycho2-07-bigendian or
astrometry-data-tycho2-07-lowendian, so this gets decoupled.

Unless everything is in one source package anyway and not used
elsewhere, that is.

Michael