Re: is the whole unstable still broken by gcc-5?

apt-get dist-upgrade tries to remove the following packages:

There's tons of noise in there that actually should be removed, like most
of the libraries (which have newer, conflicting versions), but also some
stuff that really shouldn't be removed.

What does apt-get upgrade do for you right now?  Does it make any forward
progress? You tried three commands, but none of them were that one, which is my go-to as the first step.

Ok, I'll try 'apt-get upgrade --with-new-pkgs' first... It obviously says it will upgrade a number of packages, but also leave a number of packages unchanged.

Actually now I only wanted to install 'sni-qt' package... and I wanted to wait for the full upgrade until everything is fixed. But apt-get install sni-qt also fails and that's why I'm writing here :)

My sources.list contains sid, experimental and jessie-updates (+ oibaf
graphics-drivers ppa)

Do you have experimental there for a specific reason?  If not, I'd try
taking it out. If the resolver is getting confused and deciding to try to install experimental packages, that could send it down blind alleys, since perl in experimental is not installable at the moment (IIRC).

No, the resolver doesn't try to use packages from experimental unless I request it with '-t experimental'. So taking it out doesn't change anything :)

Maybe adding jessie into sources.list will help to calm resolver...

I'm somewhat worried that your problems are actually caused by the oibaf
graphics-drivers PPA, although I'm not sure.  Most of the removals look
like removing all of KDE, which makes me think something isn't working
right with the Qt upgrades.  I'm not using KDE, so that might explain why
I'm not seeing the same thing.

Maybe partially... but it's not the single cause. I suspect the root of some problems in libboost...

Thanks, this bit of output is the part that's actually useful.
Unfortunately, none of these indicates an actual root problem, just "is
not going to be installed".  One thing that can be helpful is to chase
these dependencies down with apt-get install so that you can get more
specific errors.  For example, try:

% apt-get install libreoffice-base

and see *why* it's not going to be installed. It's probably going to list several other packages that it depends on that won't be installed, and you will hopefully either get an actual error, like a conflict, or a tractable
problem that the resolver can figure out by removing some libraries and
installing some new ones.

I've also tried it, it ends up with:

vitali@gnusmas:~$ sudo LANG=C LC_ALL=C apt-get install libreoffice-base libreoffice-base-drivers libreoffice-base-core libreoffice-core libclucene-core1v5 libclucene-contribs1v5
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required: akonadi-backend-mysql akonadi-server automoc blender-data coinor-libcbc3 coinor-libcgl1 coinor-libclp1 coinor-libcoinmp1 coinor-libcoinutils3 coinor-libosi1 kate5-data kdelibs-bin konsole-kpart ktexteditor-katepart libakonadi-kabc4 libakonadi-notes4 libakonadiprotocolinternals1 libbaloocore4 libbaloofiles4 libbalooqueryparser4 libbalooxapian4 libdmtx0a libepub0 libexiv2-14 libgit2-23 libgphoto2-port10 libgphoto2-port10:i386 libkcalcore4 libkdcraw-data libkf5balooengine5 libkf5itemmodels5 libkfilemetadata4 libkholidays4 libkidletime4 libkimap4 libkipi-data libkjsembed4 libkldap4 libkmbox4 libkmime4 libkntlm4 libkresources4 libkrosscore4 libkunitconversion4 libllvm3.5 libllvm3.5:i386 liblmdb0 libphonon-dev libprison0 libqgpgme1 libqrencode3 libtelepathy-qt4-2 libx265-43 libx265-43:i386 nepomuk-core-data phonon4qt5 phonon4qt5-backend-vlc
gcc-5-base gcc-5-base:i386 kate-data kde-runtime-data kdelibs-bin kdelibs5-data konsole-kpart libakonadi-kabc4 libakonadi-notes4 libatomic1 libboost-date-time1.58.0 libboost-iostreams1.58.0 libboost-system1.58.0 libcilkrts5 libcmis-0.5-5v5 libgcc1 libgcc1:i386 libgfortran3 libgltf-0.0-0v5 libgomp1 libicu55 libitm1 libkcalcore4 libkcmutils4 libkdcraw-data libkdeclarative5 libkdecore5 libkdesu5 libkdeui5 libkdnssd4 libkholidays4 libkidletime4 libkimap4 libkipi-data libkjsapi4 libkjsembed4 libkldap4 libkmbox4 libkmime4 libkntlm4 libkpty4 libkresources4 libkrosscore4 libkunitconversion4 liblsan0 libncurses5 libncurses5:i386 libncurses5-dev libncursesw5 libobjc4 liborcus-0.10-0v5 libpci3 libphonon4qt5-4 libquadmath0 libreoffice-calc libreoffice-common libreoffice-draw libreoffice-impress libreoffice-l10n-ru libreoffice-math libreoffice-style-galaxy libreoffice-style-tango libreoffice-writer libsolid4 libstdc++6 libstdc++6:i386 libtinfo-dev libtinfo5 libtinfo5:i386 libtsan0 libubsan0 ncurses-bin pciutils powertop python3-uno
  uno-libs3 ure
Suggested packages:
hspell ncurses-doc libreoffice-gcj libreoffice-report-builder libjtds-java libreoffice-mysql-connector libmyodbc libmysql-java libreoffice-sdbc-postgresql odbc-postgresql libpg-java libsqliteodbc tdsodbc mdbtools libreoffice-style-crystal libreoffice-style-hicontrast libreoffice-style-oxygen libreoffice-style-sifr hyphen-ru libreoffice-grammarcheck-ru fonts-crosextra-caladea fonts-crosextra-carlito cpufrequtils laptop-mode-tools
Recommended packages:
  libgpm2:i386 xfonts-mathml
The following packages will be REMOVED:
blender dolphin gwenview kate katepart kde-runtime kdelibs5-dev kdelibs5-plugins kdepimlibs5-dev kdoctools kmix konsole konsole4-kpart krdc ksnapshot libakonadi-calendar4 libakonadi-contact4 libakonadi-kcal4 libakonadi-kde4 libakonadi-kmime4 libakonadi-socialutils4 libakonadi-xml4 libbaloowidgets4 libboost-date-time1.55-dev libboost-date-time1.55.0 libboost-log1.55-dev libboost-log1.55.0 libboost-thread1.55-dev libboost-wave1.55-dev libboost-wave1.55.0 libboost1.55-all-dev libclucene-contribs1 libclucene-core1 libcmis-0.5-5 libgltf-0.0-0 libkabc4 libkactivities-models1 libkalarmcal2 libkateinterfaces4 libkatepartinterfaces4 libkblog4 libkcal4 libkcalutils4 libkdcraw-dev libkdcraw23 libkde3support4 libkdewebkit5 libkemoticons4 libkfile4 libkhtml5 libkimproxy4 libkio5 libkipi11 libkmediaplayer4 libknewstuff2-4 libknewstuff3-4 libknotifyconfig4 libkonq-common libkonq5abi1 libkontactinterface4a libkparts4 libkpimidentities4 libkpimtextedit4 libkpimutils4 libkprintutils4 libkrossui4 libktexteditor4 libktnef4 libkutils4 libkxmlrpcclient4 libmailtransport4 libmicroblog4 libnepomuk4 libnepomukcore4 libnepomukquery4a libnepomukutils4 libokularcore5 liborcus-0.10-0 libplasma3 libsoprano-dev libsoprano4 libstreamanalyzer0 libsyndication4 okular okular-dev plasma-scriptengine-javascript
libboost-date-time1.58.0 libboost-iostreams1.58.0 libboost-system1.58.0 libclucene-contribs1v5 libclucene-core1v5 libcmis-0.5-5v5 libgltf-0.0-0v5 libicu55
  liborcus-0.10-0v5
gcc-5-base gcc-5-base:i386 kate-data kde-runtime-data kdelibs-bin kdelibs5-data konsole-kpart libakonadi-kabc4 libakonadi-notes4 libatomic1 libcilkrts5 libgcc1 libgcc1:i386 libgfortran3 libgomp1 libitm1 libkcalcore4 libkcmutils4 libkdcraw-data libkdeclarative5 libkdecore5 libkdesu5 libkdeui5 libkdnssd4 libkholidays4 libkidletime4 libkimap4 libkipi-data libkjsapi4 libkjsembed4 libkldap4 libkmbox4 libkmime4 libkntlm4 libkpty4 libkresources4 libkrosscore4 libkunitconversion4 liblsan0 libncurses5 libncurses5:i386 libncurses5-dev libncursesw5 libobjc4 libpci3 libphonon4qt5-4 libquadmath0 libreoffice-base libreoffice-base-core libreoffice-base-drivers libreoffice-calc libreoffice-common libreoffice-core libreoffice-draw libreoffice-impress libreoffice-l10n-ru libreoffice-math libreoffice-style-galaxy libreoffice-style-tango libreoffice-writer libsolid4 libstdc++6 libstdc++6:i386 libtinfo-dev libtinfo5 libtinfo5:i386 libtsan0 libubsan0 ncurses-bin pciutils powertop python3-uno uno-libs3 ure
74 upgraded, 9 newly installed, 86 to remove and 996 not upgraded.
Need to get 112 MB of archives.
After this operation, 178 MB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] ^C

E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused
by held packages.

Do you have any held packages?  The resolver might be arriving at really
bad solutions because it's trying to work around your holds.

No, nothing is in 'dpkg --get-selections | grep hold'

--
With best regards,
  Vitaliy Filippov