Bug#797704: ITP: pyhton-rows -- Python library for interface to tabular data, no matter the format
Owner: Paulo Roberto Alves de Oliveira (aka kretcheu) <email@example.com>
* Package name : pyhton-rows
Version : 0.1.0
Upstream Author : Álvaro Justen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* URL : https://github.com/turicas/rows
* License : GPL-3
Programming Lang: Python
Description : Python library for interface to tabular data, no matter the format
No matter in which format your tabular data is: pyhton-rows will import it,
automatically detect types and give you high-level Python objects so you can
start working with the data instead of trying to parse it.
It is also locale-and-unicode aware.
The library is composed by:
- A common interface to tabular data (the Table class)
- A set of plugins to populate Table objects CSV, XLS, HTML, TXT -- more soon!
- A set of common fields (such as BoolField, IntegerField) which know exactly
how to serialize and deserialize data for each object type you'll get
- A set of utilities (such as field type recognition) to help working with
- A command-line interface so you can have easy access to the most used features:
convert between formats, sum, join and sort tables.
Just import rows and relax.