Re: Need help in downgrading evolution

On Sat, 2015-08-15 at 12:59 +0200, Adam Borowski wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 14, 2015 at 02:52:14PM +0200, Svante Signell wrote:
> > With the latest debian packages, 3.16.3-1.1 evo cannot any longer
> > connect to Contacts and the gmail account. [...]
> > Following sid has normally been OK, having to accept packages being
> > broken but possible to fix rather easily. However, downgrading evolution
> > to 3.12.9~git20141130.241663-1+b1, especially evolution-data-server to
> > 3.12.9~git20141128.5242b0-2+deb8u1/u2 results in a dependency hell.
> >
> > There seems to be no easy way to go back to a (working) previous
> > version, not even to the stable version if packages in sid and/or
> > experimental have been installed. Does a reasonably simple downgrade
> > path exist? All ideas are welcomed!
>
> You may do some version-sleuthing like Paul suggested, but as jessie is
> still quite fresh, it might be simpler for you to pin stable to >1000 for a
> moment:
>
> /etc/apt/preferences
> Package: *
> Pin: release a=stable
> Pin-Priority: 1001
>
> then you install evolution then remove the pin.
>
> A more brutal solution, compared to fine-tuning, but doesn't take as much
> work.

Thank you for your help. I've now downgraded to the stable version of
evolution. However, this downgrade and holding of packages:
evolution, evolution-common, evolution-data-server,
evolution-data-server-common, libevolution
creates a broken system due to the gcc-5 migration:
apt-get install gcc
he following packages have unmet dependencies:
 libstdc++6 : Breaks: libboost-date-time1.55.0 but 1.55.0+dfsg-3 is to
be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or
specify a solution).

Solving the brokenness by apt-get -f install does the following:
  libphonenumber6 libprotobuf9v5
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  libboost-date-time1.55.0 libprotobuf9
  libprotobuf9v5
  libphonenumber6

Unfortunately evolution does not start with libprotobuf9v5 installed due
to an unresolved symbol in libebook-contacts-1.2.so.0:
evolution: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libebook-contacts-1.2.so.0:
undefined symbol:
_ZNK4i18n12phonenumbers15PhoneNumberUtil23GetCountryCodeForRegionERKSs

Any ideas how to proceed until bug #795287 is closed?