Need help in downgrading evolution

Hi,

With the latest debian packages, 3.16.3-1.1 evo cannot any longer
connect to Contacts and the gmail account:

Failed to connect to 'Contacts'
Cannot find a corresponding account in the org.gnome.OnlineAccounts
service from which to obtain a password for 'a.b@gmail.com'

Failed to connect account 'a.b@gmail.com'
The reported error was "Source 'a.b@gmail.com' doesn't support prompt
for credentials.

The problematic package is evolution-data-server.

I've filed a bug report on evolution-data-server #795287 to hopefully
convince the evo maintainers to upgrade evo to 3.16.4 (where this bug is
solved) or even to 3.16.5, for more info see:
https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/45394

I have also had contact with upstream evolution developers on the
evolution-list where I was recommended to file a bug report, see e.g.
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2015-August/msg00026.html

Hopefully the evolution maintainers will release a newer version of evo
soon. Until then I'm stuck with a broken gmail account, see also below.

Now to the main question:
Following sid has normally been OK, having to accept packages being
broken but possible to fix rather easily. However, downgrading evolution
to 3.12.9~git20141130.241663-1+b1, especially evolution-data-server to
3.12.9~git20141128.5242b0-2+deb8u1/u2 results in a dependency hell.

There seems to be no easy way to go back to a (working) previous
version, not even to the stable version if packages in sid and/or
experimental have been installed. Does a reasonably simple downgrade
path exist? All ideas are welcomed!

The only package manager I know of being able to have multiple versions
installed is guix.

Thanks