Re: git interface to snapshot.debian.org

Joachim Breitner writes ("Re: git interface to snapshot.debian.org"):
> Am Dienstag, den 25.08.2015, 21:47 +0100 schrieb Ian Jackson:
> > (Although if a .dsc migrates between suites, the git history
> > is updated.)
>
> I don’t understand that. Is there really git history changed? Or just
> branches updated?

The branch appears to update (when viewed with dgit fetch, although it
isn't updated on the server).  However there may have to be a commit
made to make the new tip of that branch fast forwarding from the old
tip of the same branch.

(As I write this I have second thoughts about whether this works
properly in all cases; /me makes a note to check.)

Ian.