Re: Debian with HiDPI / 4K displays

 ❦ 12 août 2015 15:30 +0200, Ondřej Surý <ondrej@sury.org> :

> Try Debian stretch - it mostly works out of the box with GNOME 3.16
> without tweaking anything. I am running on:
>
>   dimensions:    3200x1800 pixels (846x476 millimeters)
>
> with internal display and simple FullHD on external and the only thing
> that needs restarts between switches are browsers (both Firefox and
> Chromium), the rest of the GNOME switches automatically based on the
> plugged-in monitor.

Chromium triggers a change when it detects a RandR event (while all
other apps are listening to the appropriate GTK or Gnome property). In
my case, it seems that Chrome is slow enough to handle that when all
other properties to be up-to-date, so it adapts automatically on DPI
change. But maybe this is not your case.
--
In the Spring, I have counted 136 different kinds of weather inside of
24 hours.