Re: Xeon Phi port

FIrst, you should make sure gcc/linux/glibc works for Phi,
and then bootstrap them with these steps:

https://wiki.debian.org/MultiarchCrossToolchainBootstrap

You will need to figure out your patch for these 3 packages' debian/ staff.
Is that the most current documentation for cross-bootstrap? I am also looking at https://wiki.debian.org/CrossToolchains#In_experimental and it suggests to use cross-gcc-dev (which, I suppose, automatizes the bootstrapping).

I have a (hopefully) working cross-compiling gcc provided by Intel in the MPSS SDK [1], so I can try the first steps.

Can you advise me what should I call the new architecture? k1om? ([2] is the patch to gcc adding its support where all those names are)

Cheers, Václav

[1] wondering who is the chief baptizer at Intel; they sell it as Xeon Phi, triplet name for the arch is k1om (coloquially Knights Corner), 2nd generation l1om (Knights Landing), , gcc arch/cpu is knc/knf, non-technically they call it MIC (many-integrated core), the SDK is called mpss... seriously?
[2] https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2013-09/msg00767/knc.patch