Re: interested in (co-)maintaining midori

On Fri, 07 Aug 2015 15:39:54 -0400
Sergio Durigan Junior <sergiodj@sergiodj.net> wrote:

> On Saturday, August 01 2015, Andres Salomon wrote:
>
> >> I'm interested in helping out with Midori packaging.  I'm not sure
> >> who's still interested in the package at this point (I know Corsac
> >> isn't, so I didn't Cc him).  I've created a git branch for the
> >> 0.5.10 release here:
> >>
> >> git://lunge.queued.net/git/midori
> >> http://lunge.queued.net/gitweb/?p=midori;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/0.5.10
> >>
> >> It builds (on sid and jessie) and runs (on jessie) for me, though
> >> it definitely needs more work tightening up deps, cleaning up
> >> lintian errors, etc.
> >>
> >> I'm happy to co-maintain the package, or take it over; whatever
> >> folks prefer.  Please let me know what I should do, since it was
> >> never formally orphaned.
> >

> > I haven't heard anything regarding this, and it's been over a month.
> > Should I just clean up my midori packages and upload?  If I don't
> > hear anything back and there's no activity with the package, that's
> > my plan.
>
> Hi Andres,
>
> I saw your message only yesterday, sorry about that.  As it turns
> out, I have also been working on getting Midori fixed.  My intention
> is to maintain it; Thadeu Cascardo is going to help me take over the
> package. However, as you are also willing to co-maintain the package,
> maybe we could create a group on Alioth to work together?

There's already a midori packaging group/git repo:

http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/midori.git/

My repo is based on this, and my plan was to get access permission
from Corsac after uploading the package to sid.  Then I could push
my changes, maintaining history.  That would be my preference.

> I also looked at your branch.  What I am doing is basically a
> "repackaging", from scratch, trying to figure out what's important and
> what's not.  I'll publish my branch later today.

Why from scratch?

I'll take a look at your branch once it's published.