Re: Ad-hoc survey of existing Debian git integration tools

On Aug 04, 2015, at 07:47 AM, Ian Campbell wrote:

>But git log shows that they are, it's just that Quilt is unaware of
>this (no .pc directory in git). Perhaps grub and python-pip differ here
>but I don't think so.

I think you're right.  I took a look at a different package (pip *is* a little
weird atm) and it does seem like in the master branch you have patches-applied
with a debian/.  `quilt push` confirms that the patch can be reverse applied.

I think you're right that there's just no .pc directory so quilt is confused.

>BTW, IIRC Colin had somewhere (on his blog?) a script which could
>reconstruct a .pc, although I think with git-dpm you never actually
>need to use quilt, since you should instead be git-dpm checkout-patched
>+ git rebase.

Yep.

Cheers,
-Barry