Re: A couple a questions regarding the packaging

On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 08:26:23PM +0200, Marcin M. wrote:
> 1. There are two repos on GitHub, yhara/down (upstream) and marmistrz/down.
> In marmistrz/down I'll create all the adaptation for Debian packaging. In
> Vcs-Git, should I point to my repo or to the upstream one?
https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-controlfields.html#s-f-VCS-fields
"a publicly accessible repository where the Debian source package is
developed."

> Should I put a copy in scalable?
Only if you have a vector image.

> 3. In the `debian` folder created by dh_make I noticed a file called
> `menu.ex`. What's the purpose of debian/menu?
The Debian menu system, used by some old or obscure window managers not
supporting the XDG one.
https://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/menu.html/

--
WBR, wRAR