Re: Is the Debian dependency system broken? (wget vs libgnutls-deb0-28)

* Andreas Metzler:

> It is just that an application may not link at the same time against
> libnettle4 and libgnutls-deb0-28 3.3.15-5.  Neither Debian nor afaik
> any other major distribution supports this kind of complexity in its
> dependency system (conditional dependencies).

And package dependencies are too coarse anyway because this is
something that happens on the ELF level.

In general, we do not add versioned dependencies to make sure that a
fixed version of a dependency affecting a package is installed allong
with the latter package.  I don't think this case (bug 784009) is all
that different.