Re: diaspora packaging crowd funded work summary

Hello Praveen,

On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 01:54:15PM +0530, Pirate Praveen wrote:
> I ran a successful crowd funding campaign to work full time for a
> month on diaspora packaging
> (http://www.indiegogo.com/at/debian-diaspora) and here is the summary
> of work done.
>
> diaspora init script updated, diaspora-installer uploaded, diaspora
> package is almost ready to upload (two minified js files blocking
> upload https://github.com/diaspora/diaspora/issues/5939)
> ∘ configures postgres database using dbconfig-common and nginx
> ∘ handle package updates
> • 23 new gems packaged
> • 34 existing packages updated
> • moved many packages to unstable from experimental after jessie release
> • bootstrap-sass 2 is embedded (debian moved to bootstrap-sass 3)
> • debian packaging session at IIT Bombay mini debconf
> • diaspora yatra campaign (29 Jan - May 5) - All districts except
> Kannore in Kerala; Mysore, Bangalore in Karnataka; Chennai, Trichy in
> Tamil Nadu
> • Launched first diaspora pod hosted in India https://diasp.in
> • Setup chat using prosody xmpp server on https://poddery.com
>
> Day by day updates
> diaspora yatra https://poddery.com/tags/debian-diaspora-month
>
> diaspora packaging https://poddery.com/tags/diasporayatra
>
> Originally posted at https://poddery.com/posts/1898205

That's really nice, thanks for keeping us updated.

What is the current status with regards to having a proper diaspora
package in the debian archive (with all its dependencies also in the
archive)?

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>