Re: The Spirit of Free Software, or The Reality

On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 7:35 AM, Michael Gilbert wrote:

> #786909 was absolutely not acceptable, and was treated as such.
> Social contract #1 remains in effect and will continue to do so in
> spite of day to day bugs that violate its spirit.

It might be interesting to think about ways we can automatically
discover such problems in future.

lintian has privacy checks but this kind of problem doesn't seem
statically detectable to me.

Perhaps we could run everything in $PATH in virtual machines and log
all network beyond localhost.

--
bye,
pabs