Re: The Spirit of Free Software, or The Reality

Non-free software sets back the whole community.

It is non-free, nobody can develop on it, the author wants the rights for himself (greed).

free software lets all code and share and create, everybody wins.

non-free, only the developer wins, and those that have enough money to buy

free software lets poor countries use pcs.

We should abandon non-free software as much as possible.
If all software was free, we would have a lot more useable programs.

Don't code for profit, code for fun

Keep the profit at work, but I certainly wouldn't charge in my sparetime
If you code on something you are hired to do, then its fine you charge, because you can't say what you want to code on, your employeer decides so

If you code in your sparetime you are free, and you should spread that freedom, not imprisonment