Re: Clarifications about the alleged transition to FFmpeg

Hi Alessio,

> Hello everybody,
>
> I am afraid that I have to inform you that Bálint's blog post [1]
> about the current status of libav's provided is untrue as there's
> still a discussion ongoing on the Debian Multimedia Maintainers' team
> mailing list, and a clear outcome is yet to come.
> We'll eventually get in touch with the release team once we've taken a
> final decision on the matter.
Untrue is a nice word, but AFAIK the Multimedia Team which I'm member
of at the moment is really working out the details of the transition.
While the team has not announced a formal decision the majority of the
team supports FFmpeg (which you don't ;-).
It also not clear how the team can make a formal decision since there
is no official leader, just members,not all listed members
participated in the discussion.
From: https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMultimedia :

 Currently there are no strict roles defined. All members can work
 on all packages, although there is some sort of split. A list of
 people actively involved in the packaging effort can be found here

> Last but not least, just a small memo for Bálint: please refrain from
> playing dirty, we have had quite enough of your behaviour.
If those 'we' could find me via private email we could discuss that.
Note that in my very short blog post I invited people to the
discussion which had no new comment for 9 days.

Cheers,
Balint