Re: Is the Debian dependency system broken? (wget vs libgnutls-deb0-28)

Vincent Lefevre <vincent@vinc17.net> wrote:
> On 2015-06-15 18:56:47 +0200, Andreas Metzler wrote:
[...]
>> No, it should not have been filed, since the same bug had been filed 5
>> times already.

> No, this is *not* the same bug that was filed. The bugs that were
> filed are claimed to be fixed in gnutls28/3.3.15-5, while the crash
> I got was in gnutls28/3.3.15-6:

>   After upgrading libgnutls-deb0-28 from 3.3.14-2 to 3.3.15-6:
>                                                      ^^^^^^^^

> So, obviously, you got this wrong.

If you are experiencing an issue that looks identical to an issue
filed 5 times before but has been marked as fixed in the previous
upload the correct response is not to simply file another bug, but to
actually look at the other issue, try to understand what happened,
especially whether it might be the same issue. And if it is the same
issue and might not have been correctly marked as fixed you shjould
not open another bug report but try to get the previous one reopened.

cu And- last message to this thread -reas
so grateful to you.'