Re: Is the Debian dependency system broken? (wget vs libgnutls-deb0-28)

söndagen den 14 juni 2015 22.38.28 skrev  Vincent Lefevre:
> Well, there are two things that one wants to avoid:
>
> 1. Upgrading libgnutls-deb0-28 to a version using libnettle6 without
>    upgrading the packages that depend on libgnutls-deb0-28 and use
>    libnettle4. This is the problem I've mentioned here. And there's
>    now the following bug reported by Felipe Sateler:
>
>     https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=788735

But libgnutls-deb0-28 technically doesn't break libnettle4, nor does
libnettle6. It's only certain combinations of three or more packages that are
broken, something the dependency system can't handle. Declaring libnettle6 to
break rdeps known to be built against libnettle4 might be the best option but
then again there could be versions in backports with lower version numbers yet
built against libnettle6. Right?

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@debian.org
Debian Developer