Re: Adding support for LZIP to dpkg, using that instead of xz, archive wide

On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 5:04 PM, Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> wrote:
> On 06/14/2015 05:10 PM, Don Armstrong wrote:
>> On Sun, 14 Jun 2015, Thomas Goirand wrote:
>>> Therefore, I'm tempted to raise this to the technical committee
>>> (putting their list as Cc). Does anyone see a reason why I am
>>> mistaking here?
>>
>> Does a patch exist which can enable lz for orig.tar?
>
> Isn't it what this is doing?
>
> https://bugs.debian.org/600094
> https://bugs.debian.org/556960
>
>> Otherwise, I guess some of us could be involved to help clarify
>> communication, but anyone can do that, really.
>
> I'm not at a stage where I want to involve the CTTE right now. I still
> would prefer to gather opinions and see where it goes.

I don't hold a view on whether we want lz support in dpkg/dak, but it
could be a pity if we really involve CTTE for such an issue. To me,
it's sorta abusing the escalation process if every individual
developer raise an issue and seek for overruling when his opinion were
n'acked by the maintainer of relevant part... But this is just my own,
secret, POV, please don't start a flame war for it.

Thanks,
Aron