Re: DEB_SIGN_KEYID vs DEBSIGN_KEYID

Hi!

On Sun, 2015-06-07 at 10:36:41 +0200, Harald Dunkel wrote:
> For devscripts you can define a variable "DEBSIGN_KEYID". For
> dpkg it is called "DEB_SIGN_KEYID". git-buildpackage doesn't
> support a keyid environment variable at all, as it seems. All
> ignore the default-key option set in .gnupg/gpg.conf .

The devscripts ones are only settable in the devscripts config file.
The dpkg one is an environment variable:

  <https://lists.debian.org/debian-dpkg/2013/10/msg00017.html>

I don't think changing the behavior of dpkg-buildpackage to defer to
GnuPG's default-key would be a good idea. Using the changelog address
as the default value seems saner to me, as that should in principle
pick the correct key in most cases. Also changing this would probably
break far many setups, which I'm not looking forward to.

> Would it be possible to get a common line here?

I'd recommend adding support for DEB_SIGN_KEYID as an environment
variable in other tools. :)

Thanks,
Guillem