Re: [dpkg] 03/20: dpkg-buildpackage: Honor new DEB_SIGN_KEYID environment variable

Hi!

On Tue, 2013-10-29 at 18:14:49 +0000, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> On Sun, 2013-10-27 at 07:41 +0100, Niels Thykier wrote:
> > On 2013-10-27 05:22, Guillem Jover wrote:
> > [...]
> > >     dpkg-buildpackage: Honor new DEB_SIGN_KEYID environment variable
> [...]
> > Could you be convinced to change this to DEBSIGN_KEYID, which is the
> > name that e.g. debsign uses?  I have a feeling that if debsign and
> > dpkg-buildpackage react to different variables, people will get confused.
>
> debsign won't react to DEBSIGN_KEYID set in the environment in any case.

Exactly. I did consider the diverging names, but as they are on
different variable-spaces (config vs envvar), I went for consistency
with existing dpkg generic variables (DEB_), instead of the program
specific devscripts namespace. It might still be slightly confusing
if debsign would get changed to recognize it perhaps, is that what
you are worried about?

Thanks,
Guillem