Re: Invoking ‘init’ from an init.d script (Wheezy)

On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 11:49 AM, Ansgar Burchardt <ansgar@debian.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 06/08/2015 10:29 AM, Alexander Thomas wrote:
>> We
>> falsely assumed that setting DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive
>> APT_LISTCHANGES_FRONTEND=none, and using the -y and --force-yes
>> options, would never invoke terminal-related code.
>
> Please be aware that --force-yes makes apt ignore invalid signatures for
> repositories, cf. https://bugs.debian.org/787174. It is a really unsafe
> option that should probably not be used in any automated way, though I
> have seen people do so in several places.

I know, but this is a closed system and nothing is pulled in from
external repositories during this automated update. The stuff that is
included in the local patch repository is thoroughly tested before
release. Still, enforcing proper signing and getting rid of that
--force-yes is on our TODO list.

Regards,

--
Alexander Thomas