Re: please use signed git commits (and tags)

On 24 May 2015 at 15:12, Iain R. Learmonth <irl@fsfe.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, May 24, 2015 at 01:02:38PM +0200, Thomas Koch wrote:
>> Git supports signing of commits since version 1.7.9. Everybody should sign git
>> commits always.
>
> What is the overhead on this?

I keep my main key offline these days, and I have my subkeys on
YubiKey Neo which i use for day to day signing, encryption and
authentication (ssh). Thus my ssh key is always on me.
I also sign all git commits. The most usable thing this game we, when
somebody else did a bad rebase, and then people started to query why I
broke the build, but it was quick for me to establish that those
commits were not signed and there was a rebase done.

Overhead does not impact productivity. I ponder & rebase / rewrite
commit messages, than notice signing delay.

--
Regards,

Dimitri.