Re: How continious is debci?

On Sun, May 17, 2015 at 09:01:06PM +0200, Ole Streicher wrote:
> Dear Antonio,
>
> Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org> writes:
> >> Are there currently any problems with debci? Does it really run
> >> continiously?
> >
> > What is happening is that a system that did the job when the load was
> > small (190 packages), using a "simplest thing that works" philosophy now
> > needs a little bit of work to be adapted to handle a load that is almost
> > 20 times larger (3753 packages at the last update).
>
> Thank you very much for the explanation. I was afraid that it is
> something like this. Maybe you could show somewhere the actual length of
> the queue (in days, and in packages), so that one could have an
> estimate?

That is a good idea. However my hope is to finish the parallel execution
soon so that the delay is a non-issue.

When I looked yesterday, there was actualy an extra problem with the
server setup that made iterations be aborted at some point, so some
packages at the end of the queue were not being tested. This is fixed
now and the situation should be normalized soon.

> Another small issue that was misleading me here: The status page shows
> that most of the 3700 package (>80%) actually "Pass". I interpret that
> as that they all were already tested. Or does "Pass" just mean "Pass or
> never tested"?

"Pass" means "pass". :-)

I don't remember right now how packages that have never been tested
contribute to that chart. I would have to double check the code, but my
guess is there they are not counted at all.

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>