Re: Proposal: enable stateless persistant network interface names

Le 10/05/2015 16:24, Vincent Bernat a écrit :
> Actually, when rebooting your (mission-critical) server, you can have a
> race condition where "eth1" is not the interface that was "eth1" on the
> previous boot and "rename5" is the interface that should be
> "eth1". That's what needs to be fixed. Doing nothing won't fix that.

Can someone confirms that the race condition comes from the fact that
both the initial-kernel name and the udev-setup name both use the
'ethX' template ?
  Would we still have a race condition if
/etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules was stting up other names
(such as renethX or any other template different from the default
kernel name) ?

  If the answer of the last question is "no", whatever the default
that will be chosen, I will configure my systems to use MAC-based
names but with a different template (enX for example).

  Regards,
    Vincent

--
Vincent Danjean       GPG key ID 0xD17897FA         vdanjean@debian.org
GPG key fingerprint: 621E 3509 654D D77C 43F5  CA4A F6AE F2AF D178 97FA